Passionate People: Making a Positive Difference – Free online events
We’re excited to be hosting two immersive ‘Passionate People: Making a Positive Difference’ online events, sponsored by Esmée Fairbairn and Power to Change and in partnership with the University of Birmingham.
The events will launch the findings from the latest report by the University of Birmingham on the case for investment in support of passionate people running community enterprises and community businesses.
Through a series of interactive workshops the events will provide opportunities to:
- Learn about the positive effect passionate people can have on local economies
- Hear from leading councils and commissioners about the systems and cultures that strengthen community resilience and help community enterprises flourish
- See how community enterprises and community businesses can fill in the gaps between services and how passionate people have been vital through the recent crisis
- Feel the passion from the people in our communities through their amazing stories and experiences
When are the events?
We’ll be running the same event twice so if you can’t make all the sessions on the first date on 24th September 2020 1:30pm-4:00pm you can pop back on 29th September 2020 10:00am-12:30pm. If you want to attend workshops on different dates you will need to register on both dates.
Who should attend?
The events will be of interest to:
- local authority and health leaders working to find different ways to support local people to make a difference in their local community
- organisations and leaders across the public and VCSE sector working to support local economies
- passionate people interested in investing in or setting up a community enterprise or community business of their own
How much does it cost?
The events are FREE.
Where can I find out more about what’s happening at the events and book my place?
“We’ve managed to create more opportunities in the sector, have more community organisations who are accountable to the people they’re serving, who are providing a locally-relevant service to those people, who get it and can lead that model by example and influence others to change. But the ultimate measure has got to be [that] real people using those services and are they happy with them”
We look forward to seeing you there!