Local Area Coordination conference 2020
Hear unique perspectives on the 10 principles that guide Local Area Coordination and how they can help bring about positive change
Join us at the Local Area Coordination conference 2020 where we invite you to help us reflect on an unprecedented year. At this event we will hear 10 leaders of change present their unique perspective on one of 10 principles that underpin and guide Local Area Coordination. Our speakers will share their thoughts and challenges as to how embracing and embedding these principles can help us move towards a better future for all.
- Date – 8th December 2020
- Time – 13:00-15:30
- Where – Online, via Zoom. Book your free place
We are delighted that the event will be opened by Eddie Bartnik, a key leader in the development of Local Area Coordination in Western Australia, nationally and internationally and closed by Ralph Broad, the founder of the Local Area Coordination Network. It will be convened by Nick Sinclair, Director of the Local Area Coordination Network at Community Catalysts.
Our ‘Principle Presenters’ are:
- Citizenship – Dr Simon Duffy, founder and Director of the Centre for Welfare Reform
- Relationships – David Robinson, founder of The Relationships Project
- Natural Authority – Nick Gardham, CEO of Community Organisers
- Lifelong Learning – Serena Jones, Executive Director of Operations at Coastal Housing
- Information – Angela Catley, Director of Development at Community Catalysts
- Choice and Control – Ralph Broad, Director of Inclusive Neighbourhoods
- Community – Clare Wightman, CEO of Grapevine Coventry
- Contribution – Clenton Farquharson, Director of Community Navigator Services and expert in collaborative, person-centred care
- Working Together – Sian Lockwood, CEO of Community Catalysts
- Complementary Nature of Services – Jessica Studdert, Deputy CEO of New Local (formerly NLGN)
Throughout the event we will be capturing your reflections via Zoom chat which we aim to collate together in a reflective piece launched in early 2021.