Podcast series: ‘Changing it up’ – Ep 8 with Anna Severwright
We’re following on our podcast series ‘Changing it up’ where hosts Nick Sinclair and Clenton Farquharson chat with people from across the country who have dedicated their lives to changing things for the better in their communities.
A vision for the future of social care
In our eighth episode, Anna Severwright, co-convener of Social Care Future, talks about the Social Care Future vision: “We all want to live in the place we call home with the people and things that we love in communities where we look out for one another, doing the things that matter to us”….and how it’s essential to include people who draw on social care in those conversations.
“If people actually had the freedom and choice and be trusted to be able to do something a bit more flexibly they would choose to do something different. So we do need more money in social care, but we also need to be able to start using things more imaginatively…innovatively, trying out different models…we know some of them work.”
Listen to previous ‘Changing it up’ podcasts:
- Transforming co-production culture with Noreen Blanluet
- Social Care reform with Caroline Speirs
- Thinking back and looking ahead with Sian Lockwood
- Understanding structural racism with Rita Goodhead, Angela Gault and Natalie Scarlett
- Transforming system cultures with Prof Donna Hall
- Inclusive economies with Sarah Bedford
- Commissioning community enterprise with Pip Cannons from Somerset Council