working with us
Community Catalysts is looking for up to three non-executive directors who share our vision and have the skills to help us develop and grow
Community Catalysts is an ambitious and successful Community Interest Company working across the UK to ensure that more people across the UK who need care and support can get the help they need to live the lives they want.
We do this by:
• Helping more people in local communities to use their gifts and talents to enable people with care and support needs to live the life they want
• Helping more people labeled as ‘service users’ to get a good life by using their gifts and skills through community contribution and enterprise
• Helping policy makers and public sector bodies to design and test new approaches to health and care service delivery that enable people to have the help they need to stay well and live the life they want
We are inspired by the energy and passion of local people trying to do good things for other local people. We work practically, using tested approaches to harness the talents and creativity of people in communities and organisations to provide imaginative solutions for people, including people facing multifaceted challenges. We continually push boundaries, using our knowledge and expertise to develop new and imaginative approaches to complex social issues.
Community Catalysts is looking for up to three non-executive directors who share our vision and passionate commitment to finding ways to enable people who need help and support to live the lives they want.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate that they understand and can fulfil the obligations of a director as set out in the role description and can give the time needed to carry out that role well. In addition we are looking for people who have a contribution to make in two or more of the following areas:
• Experience in establishing and growing successful social enterprises
• Have networks which can be used to extend our influence
• Have experience in financial management of small companies
• Have a health or housing background
If you are interested and would like to know more, email our CEO Sian Lockwood on email@example.com or ring her on 01423 790126 for an informal chat.
If you would like to be considered as a director of Community Catalysts then download a copy of the role description here. You should send a written expression of interest which demonstrates how you meet the role description and describes the additional experience and breadth that you will bring which will help us to grow. Your written expression of interest should be sent to Community Catalysts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for written Expressions of Interest is Friday August 4th 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet the Chair of the Board and the CEO at a mutually convenient date in August and early September.