Welcome to the Community Catalysts CIC’s privacy notice. We are the controller and responsible for your personal data.
We are a small team of professionals with unrivalled experience in people-led social care and health. We see the world differently, celebrating the strength of people and community. Local Area Coordinator Network and Coalition for Personalised Care are two additional websites of Community Catalysts that operate to provide different services.
This Privacy Statement explains what information we collect about you, how we may use it, and the steps we take to ensure that it is kept secure. It also explains your rights and how to contact us. This privacy statement covers the following websites:
Other links within this site to other websites are not covered by this statement and you are encouraged to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
We take the privacy of all of our clients, customers and web site users very seriously and take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Our employees and contractors have been made aware of their responsibility to keep your information confidential. We are a registered data controller in the United Kingdom and our registration number is Z3279645; see Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website www.ico.gov.uk ‘Register of Data Controllers’ for further information.
What information do we collect?
In order to provide you with the products or services you request we may collect, store and use personal about you such as.
- Identity Data: First name and surname
- Contact Data: Phone numbers, E-mail address
- Profile Data: job/role description
- Usage Data such as analytics data on the use of our website(s)
- Marketing and Communications Data such as preferences for newsletter
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter or LinkedIn we may obtain some personal data about you depending upon the privacy preferences on each platform and the privacy policies of each platform. To change your settings on these platforms, please refer to their privacy notices. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, email address and telephone number. We will retain and maintain your information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once that has ended, we will retain it in accordance with our retention schedule and it will then be deleted and destroyed.
Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal data lawfully, fairly and as transparently as we can. We may process your personal data because:
- It’s necessary for the performance of the contractyou are entering into when we offer our services to you.
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose. Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time.
- It satisfies a legitimate interest, such as getting in touch to arrange a conversation around health and social care in your local area, sending you communications relevant to the services that you have requested from us or shown an interest in, managing your membership, keeping you updated of our product releases, and letting you know of any downtime we are experiencing.
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
How will we use your information?
We use the information you provide:
i. to administer and provide products or services upon your request;
- to contact you by post, email or telephone;
iii. for general record keeping purposes;
iv. to track activity on our website
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to recommend services that might be of interest to you; and
vii, to improve our website, service, marketing and customer relationships.
We may share your personal data with external third parties such as local authorities, other members. Please note that we have no control over how your data is processed when you chose to interact with different partners listed on our websites. For example, when you interact with a partner on our website Coalition for Personalised Care, we cannot control how these partners process your data. You can request further details from these partners on how they process your information.
We may transfer, store and process your personal data outside the UK/EU.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties, e.g. local authority where you have given us your explicit consent to do so or we are otherwise required by law to do so. We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for any marketing or promotional purposes. Subscribers to our services/products can cancel their subscription at any time and are given an easy way of doing this. You can click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in your e-mails to unsubscribe from our newsletter.
How long do we retain your data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as we need it unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
We delete information about how you use our website for no longer than 6 months from the time of collection.
We delete your product order information 7 years after your last order with us. Other information related to your account will be deleted 2 years after your account has become inactive.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to improve the way we work and our services.
Security of your information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and it is secured in accordance with current legislative requirements, industry standards and technology. We take all reasonable steps to guard against unauthorised access to customer data and have security procedures in place to protect our paper-based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse. We only allow access to your personal data when it is absolutely necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of that information. Although we take all reasonable steps to create a secure environment, we cannot guarantee the safety of any personal data which you provide to us.
Your rights and controlling your personal data
You may exercise certain rights regarding your data, such as the following:
- The right to access. If you wish to access your personal data, you can do so at any time by contacting us.
- The right to seek rectification. If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us.
- The right to deletion. You can ask us to delete or remove your personal data from our systems where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- The right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time for direct marketing purposes. You can also object in certain other circumstances to our continued processing of your personal data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data.
- The right to data portability. You have the right under certain circumstances to be provided with a copy of the personal data we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format and for us to transfer it to a third party.
Any requests to exercise these rights can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed as early as possible and always within one month.
You also have the right to make a complaint to your supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
Like other websites, information and data on our website may, with your consent, be collected using standard technology called ‘cookies.’ Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by the browser on a website vistor’s device and are used to record how people use and navigate our website. Cookies do not attach to your system or damage your files.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Our website uses Cookiebot consent management platform to manage and provide control over Cookies used on the site.
A complete list of Cookies used on our Site can be found in the Cookie Declaration.
To stop receiving our newsletter or any other service/product please contact us at the address below or use the unsubscribe option on our electronic newsletter, or alternatively email us at email@example.com.
Director of Business Operations
Community Catalysts C.I.C
10 Haywra Street
Harrogate HG1 5BJ
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We keep our privacy statement under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 21 April 2023 and the Version is 4.