Community power and community business
Exploring how to increase the role and opportunities for communities to collectively improve the health and care within their neighbourhoods.
This project built on the experience and learning from Telford and Wrekin which focussed on the growing number of community-owned businesses delivering innovative solutions to meeting local care and health needs.
Key aims for this project included:
- Building on the current business case for support for community business, to demonstrate the impact of community-owned health and social care businesses, and their role as a key contributor to inclusive local economies
- Developing a better understanding of the support required to establish and grow community-owned health and care community businesses
- Promoting the role of community business within the health and social care market and in new emerging market opportunities
- Identifying funding and resources to support the development of community-driven approaches to improving local health and care
- Creating opportunities for people to learn from each other.
The project ended in October 2022 and was funded by Power to Change.
Local people share more about the impact community businesses have on them and their communities: